HOW SHOULD I USE FLUOROURACIL TOPICAL?
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Do not take by mouth. Topical medicine is for use only on the skin.
- Clean the area where you will apply fluorouracil topical. Rinse well and dry the area with a towel and wait ten minutes before applying the medication.
- Wash your hands before and immediately after applying this medicine, unless it is being used to treat a hand condition.
- Apply fluorouracil topical to the affected area with the fingertips or a non-metal applicator, smoothing it gently onto the affected skin. Use enough to cover the entire area with a thin film.
- Caregivers who apply this medicine should wear rubber gloves.
- Do not use fluorouracil topical on skin that is irritated, peeling, or infected or on open wounds. Wait until these conditions have fully healed before using fluorouracil topical.
- Do not cover the treated skin area unless your doctor tells you to.
- Apply Fluorouracil 2x/day AM and PM. Then apply 2 hours afterwards Hydrocortisone 2.5% and Aquaphor to help the healing process.
- A moisturizer or sunscreen may be applied 2 hours after fluorouracil topical has been applied.
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Do not freeze. Keep the medicine container tightly closed when not in use.
Any questions or concerns, please call me. Thank you!